Monday, December 8, 2008

Making Lemonade

Have you ever felt like you were off balance? Like you did not know whether you were coming or going. Like you have no idea what curve ball life was going to throw at you next? Lately I have been feeling an increase in my level of uncertainty. With the present economy growing bleaker each day I find my confidence in job security decreasing. I work in the social services field employed by the state in which I live. Historically working for my employer meant job security however our Governor has been talking more and more about possibly laying off state employee and yours truly has only been employed for 3 years. I'm thinking WTF???? I'm not even dry from the last storm (my divorce) and here comes another one looming around the corner. I am not for prepared for this. Did you hear me? I am not prepared for this. Shortly after my divorce I charted my personal and career goals. Throughout the year I have managed to accomplish most of them. My financial goal was to dig my way out of debt, sell my current home, buy a smaller home and work towards financial independence. Over the past weeks I have lost so much sleep thinking about all the what ifs. How will I pay my mortgage? Will I be able to find a new job in the same salary range. Will I have to move in with my mother? As Barrack said in his acceptance speech ENOUGH! As I learned pre,during and post my divorce I am not in control of the universe. If I were in control my profile would read: Single mom, size 6, millionaire seeks...........etc. I have decided I am not going to stress anymore. When life hands you lemons you make lemonade so I am going to go to the kitchen and make some lemonade. Would you like a glass?

1 comment:

LWF said...

You are so inspiring. Thanks for a sip. I am taking a big one. Lemons have been rolling my way for a couple of years now. Instead of doing something with them, I have been jumping over them like an obstacle course. Ok. I love the motivation, this is definitely my motivation for the next blog. Read and see. Thanks a bunch.

Your Cuz.